Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2007

THE MOBILEPHONEMANIA

http://averyinrome.blogspot.com/
Since my intention is to learn Italian next year, it would be of a benefit to learn something about Italy in beforehand. After having searched the Internet for some special blogs, I found nothing that grabbed my attention. For this reason, I looked into the blogs of my fellow friends and finally found what I was looking for. The girl, whose name I have to find out, landed in a unique corner of the world, Italy, due to love.

It this entry she reports about the peculiar attraction for the most ubiquitous device in this day and age, THE MOBILE PHONE. As if this “machine” were handy for showing of. Of course it is, so they (Italian people) hold. While she was on a party with her friend, the thing she found odd was JUST how the Italians are enamored with this modern apparatus, how they pay homage to their pats. Barely can ONE mobile phone ring that a cacophonous symphony by thousands of other mobile phones fills a room. A venerable ritual follows! Showing photos of relatives, friends, friends of the friends and so on and so forth. Not to forget to listen to the ringtones. They all feel compelled to do it.

That nowadays people have more than one mobile phone is nothing unusual. I myself have two, one in Croatia and one her in Austria. But not that I am obsessed with them, no! This mobilephonemaina remembers me of a friend of mine who could hardly await a lesson to be over to write a few sms. Whit I find absurd is that children who even cannot utter words properly or are illiterate are in possession of this “machines”. I won’t go into details now but I hold that mobile phones should be banned in primary schools.

Keine Kommentare: